Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What you once were isn't what you want to be anymore.



"Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don't necessarily understand, just decides to go to the store for a quart of milk."
-'Northern Exposure'



I'll preface this post with this statement, it was not a good weekend. I'll continue the preface with another statement, the weekend is over.

Chris finally got his Christmas present Sunday (see picture). I won't go on and on about how fun it is or how even a hand-eye coordination deprived person such as myself can play it. Instead, can I mention how cute it is. The packaging and the tiny console and sleek modern styling reminds me very much of an ipod. For once we have an electronic device I don't mind sitting in my living room. Anyway, it's arrival Sunday was a small gift of sanity in an otherwise insane weekend.

I've gotten past my mood on Friday, thankfully. Maybe sometimes you need something truly bad to happen so you remember to appreciate the good things even when they are small. For example the Decemberists announced a show in Memphis in April. This works out so perfectly for me as I can go see a band I love and it will also work as Megan's 21st birthday gift. We'll take her to her first real show, stay at a nice hotel downtown Memphis and take her out to a few bars so she can buy drinks. Ah, to be 21 again...or maybe not.

I'm planning to buy some film and try my hand at some more photos this week. I'll let everyone know so they can go and visit my flickr.

2 comments:

McDreamy said...

i'm glad the weekend got better.

matt wants a wii. he can keep dreamin'! i've heard their awesome.

she's turning 21!? are we that old?!

Becky said...

Yep, we're that old. I don't know how it happened, we were so cute and young and fun.