Wednesday, January 03, 2007

So This is the New Year


That's right, I'm back. My new year's resolutions, while many and complicated, include blogging regularly. So we'll start out with a recap of last year.

2006

I didn't travel unless Memphis counts.

I wrecked my truck at 4:30 in the morning by hitting a deer, am no longer a big fan of deer.

I saw four great bands, Wilco, Okkerville River, The Hold Steady (twice!), and The Drive-By Truckers.

I took an entire week of vacation for the first time in five years, didn't do anything but hit a deer on my way home from the Hold Steady show in Memphis.

Began writing a book.

Decided the book was absolute crap.

Started another book...may finish it as it is less crap.

Finally hung pictures in my bedroom and bought a rug (it's green and cream argyle!) after two years in our house.

Started a blog and a myspace page...have been spotty with both.

Voted. Felt good about it, am thinking about getting back into political work for the next elections.

Learned to love a good red wine, gave up beer entirely.

And to end up, a little narcissism.

Best ten new albums of 2006:

10. Robbers & Cowards-by the Cold War Kids
09. Okonokos-by My Morning Jacket
08. Putting the Days to Bed-by the Long Winters
07. Black Sheep Boy-by Okkerville River
06. A Blessing and a Curse-by the Drive-By Truckers
05. Old 97's Live-by the Old 97's
04. Everything All the Time-by Band of Horses
03. Fox Confessor Brings the Flood-by Neko Case
02. Boys and Girls in America-by The Hold Steady
01. The Crane Wife-by the Decemberists

Happy New Year!

No comments: