Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday.


"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
-Douglas Adams




I wonder if other bloggers ever have a hard time deciding what to actually blog about. I don't have kids and my family might murder me in my sleep if I wrote about them. Actually, come to think of it they might anyway.

I think the thing that is difficult is I try to stay away from three things;
1. Blogging about things that annoy me, I don't want to spend all my time bitching.
2. Politics and religion. These are things I feel are intensely personal, not something I want to offer for public commentary.
3. Work. I'm here enough already, why spend more time talking about it.

The problem with this is it takes about 85% of normal topics out of play. I suppose I could talk more about my cats, but I don't want to become the crazy cat lady.

So, instead of wasting time I suppose I'll get back to work. Sigh.

1 comment:

McDreamy said...

i know i have trouble coming up with topics, although, you're right, having kids does offer up a lot of opportunities - they don't know they can kill me in my sleep yet!

i actually think about blogging while at the grocery store behind the oh-so-smart people, while driving by oh-so-smart people, etc. i know that falls into your bitching category - but sometimes it's just funny! and surely the fam wouldn't hurt you too bad - i'd love to hear more about them!! i saw a shirt one time that said, "this will be on my blog." too funny! and have you ever checked out markverse and just me on my site - they have some pretty cool posts and ideas. okay, i'm obviously feeling a little too verbose to comment today, i need to go actually post something! (i think not having adult conversation for 12 hours at a time helps too!)