Friday, August 11, 2006

Why, I Wonder, is My Heart Full of Holes


"Will I catch the moon
Like a bird in a cage
It's for you I swoon
I'm always in love."
-Wilco, "Always in Love"
Today's post is not about love. Well, it's not about gooey, mushy, sappy love. Today is about something better...materialistic love. Today's list is all about everything electric that I love. If it plugs in, and I think I can't live without it, it's on here.
1. HD television. After seeing the world in High Definition regular life looks bland and unappealing. You only think that red looks red on your TV, but until you see red in HD you haven't seen red.
2. TiVo, or really any digital video recorder. I love getting to record shows so I can watch them when I want rather than arranging my schedule around when the networks decide I should watch Gray's Anatomy.
3. WiFi. I can log onto the internet at any time in our house and at various venues in town. An interesting aside to this particular love is how WiFi friendly Conway is. Because of the colleges almost anywhere is WiFi now, even several parks. Great stuff.
4. ipod. I love ipod. I've actually already devoted a bit of blog to my love of my sleek little mp3 player. I cannot function without music. In fact, I'm listening to "Golden" by My Morning Jacket right now thanks to computer speakers and the much beloved ipod.
5. Satellite radio. We had XM and now have Sirius. No dropped transmissions, live coverage of NFL, college games, NBA, NHL and music ten thousand times better than anything they play on radio Terra Firma.
6. Computers. This is sort of a "duh" as I wouldn't be posting this without a computer. In fact, I would never communicate with many of my friends and my brother without a computer. I can find out the news or weather whenever it suits me. So maybe what I really should have on here is...
7. The Internet. See #6.
That's all I've got today. Please note that I did not include my cell phone on the list. I loathe cell phones. I don't like talking on the phone at all, but I really hate the modern inability to ever get away. Run as far as you'd like, but they can still call your cell phone and track you down.
Tomorrow, why I'm not really as materialistic as I seem...

1 comment:

McDreamy said...

where are you? did another patient attack you?

i'm missin' my beck fix.