Thursday, August 17, 2006

Dangling From the Last Thread of Sanity


I live with my little sister, my mom, and Chris. My other sister lives a couple blocks down the street and my dad and his second wife are just down a couple more.
They are all driving me slowly insane.

Tuesday I had to wrangle my schedule at work so I could take my mom to her neurology appointment. She has Parkinson's Disease and last January she was hospitalized with mono-neuritis multiplex. That's right, in my life these are words I know, mono-neuritis multiplex... The good news? Her neuropathy has gotten better and she is cleared to walk again! (My brain went "hurray! no more dragging a wheelchair out of the trunk of a car!") The bad news? She is like a two year-old. She whines, she gets mad and stomps, she pouts and freezes up. That's right, why have children when you have parents. I have threatened to move her out into the shed in our backyard...somehow she treats it like an empty threat.

Wednesday Chris had a thyroid biopsy. Biopsy is NEVER a good word. Today, he had surgery to remove a tumor from his finger. All is well, tumor removed, he will be able to mow the lawn in no time.

Also Tuesday, my sister Katie (who is like driftwood, floating through life with no plan, no destination) was served with a warrant. Note to all, do not bounce checks to Wal-Mart. It turns out that Wal-Mart can add so many fees to two bounced checks that although originally written for around $275 they are now worth about $1500 when all is said and done. Do not mess with Wal-Mart. Luckily for my idiot sister, the entire family was able to drain their bank accounts and come up with the money so she did not have to go to jail this morning. Now I'm so poor I'm going to have to live like I'm in college again, hello spaghetti-o's and ramen noodles, goodbye 100% whole wheat bread and organic vegetables.

Ah, and don't let me forget the youngest sister. She apparently was under the impression that there are fairies who come and take care of her financial aid applications. Surprisingly, the fairies missed hers and it was, therefore, never filed. That's right, she was there in line, registering for classes, and was informed that she owed the entire amount of tuition (although they only wanted 25% right then). No fairies, but she does have her older sister (me) who fixed the application, sent it through to all the appropriate people. I can't imagine what happened to the fairies...but if they are in the same union as the house-cleaning fairies then I think they've all been on strike for quite a while.

So, I haven't been blogging.

Here's my list of things I'm grateful for today:

1. Health. It doesn't seem like such a valuable commodity until you or someone you love loses it.
2. Like. I knew I LOVED Chris, but it's nice to be reminded how much I actually like him. It's terrible and cliche and sappy, but he's my best friend and I really do like him a lot....even when he's driving me crazy.
3. Solitude. Sure, in order to get this I have to get in my car and drive down the street to the park, but sitting there all alone listening to music is like a vacation sometimes. The local cops probably think that I look suspicious, but if I had drugs does anyone really think I'd be selling them?
4. Fall. I know it's out there. I know that cooler weather, shorter days, pumpkins, haystacks, and little kids in costumes are just right around the corner...it's that thought that keeps me going right now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not after any questions about unlocking an Iphone, which I am sure it was addressed many times before. I am interested to know if, with the same Iphone, someone could travel in different european countries using the official provider for that specific country. Otherwise the only option would be roaming which I am sure it is very costly and not very convenient on a long term basis.



________________
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone 3g[/url]

Anonymous said...

From the moment the first Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door "coupe" was introduced to the public, other German luxury automakers hit the drafting board. According to the German auto experts at AutoBild, Audi is just over a year away from unleashing its own cleverly packaged sedan.
carwadontester981

Anonymous said...

hotmail login
[url=http://www.viddler.com/explore/hotmail_sign_in]hotmail email address
[/url] hotmail password stealer

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on musicfangirl.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research shows that nearly 80% of all U.S. grownups are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

Anonymous said...

I think, that you are mistaken. I can prove it. Write to me in PM, we will discuss.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from Bigflix.com. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie I Love You Phillip Morris 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks

Anonymous said...

Both of these can be enhanced and corrected through the use of virtual reality and at the same time that these things are happening an ultra-accurate three dimensional representation of the body can also be created to help you understand exactly how the pain is caused and what you can do in terms of orientating your body against it. Such technology is new and has all the potential in the world which means that it is only going to get better with time.
[url=http://urologe24.wordpress.com/
]Sportarzt[/url]
People therefore prefer to shop from the convenient of their homes rather than drive to an actual pharmacy. Another reason why online pharmacies have become very popular is because it is possible to browse though a great number of medical prescriptions and drugs in a very short time. In addition to this over sweating in many cases is also a result when a person starts panicking and in under so much stress, so getting meditation can be a lot effective way of over sweating treatment. Many people face problems with mental stress and pressure that is caused when they go out with others. So now no more getting embarrassed going to parties, get together with families and friends. Birth injuries occur more often than most people believe and sometimes the injuries occur because of the negligence of doctors, nurses or the hospital. Mothers have a deep respect for the doctor and nurses who helped bring their baby into the world. Because of this a very sad and tragic result is that often the mother blames herself for the birth injury. She just cannot perceive the doctor might be negligent. Most doctors, nurses and hospitals are excellent but when malpractice is involved in a birth injury the baby and parents must be adequately compensated. And beyond compensation, it is important that responsibility be appropriately assigned so the mother [url=http://urologe24.onsugar.com/
]Sportarzt[/url] does not suffer needless emotional stress.
http://urologe24.vox.com/library/post/dr-wedding-die-allgemeine-urologie.html