Saturday, February 03, 2007

How a Resurrection Really Feels


"She crashed into the Easter Mass with her hair done up in broken glass. She was limping left on broken heels. When she said, Father can I tell your congregation how a resurrection really feels?"
-The Hold Steady, "Separation Sunday"


Megan (my youngest sister) saved my ipod. In what I can only call a miracle, she revived it from the dead and has it working good as new. She is, without a doubt, my favorite person in the universe right now.

I know, you are thinking to yourself "it's just an ipod". In my head I understand this, it's an electronic device, a toy really. This being said, however, I can no more live without an ipod than I could live without water or air. Terrible to be so attached and dependant upon a possession, but at least I'm willing to admit it.

For those of you, like myself, with ipods you have babied and protected from any bump or fall or jostle let me explain the exact magic Megan performed on my ipod to bring it back from the dead. She hit it. Yep, smacked it twice with the heel of her hand. Just like that, the "sad ipod" face disappeared and I had the joy of seeing the menu screen reappear. I guess we'll refer to it as tough love.

I'm pretty sure that I will need to begin planning to buy a new ipod anyway. Once the hard drive begins to have issues it's pretty much just a sign of the end to come, but at least I've bought a few more months to save and plan which new ipod I want.

And so, after it's miraculous rebirth "ipod named virtue" will now be renamed "how a resurrection really feels", thank you Craig Finn for the lyrics I'm stealing.

1 comment:

McDreamy said...

tough love, megan, that's what it always takes! go girl.

i'm so glad you have the love of your life back!