Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Happy Things


I am wearing a holter monitor tonight. This is not so good as anyone with cardiological problems already knows. So, I'm taking a page from Suzanne and making a list of ten things that make me happy.

10. My cats, Winks and Foote. See photo of Foote...

9. My sweetie, Murray. He gets me. He lets me just be me and doesn't try to disect my weirdness. He introduces me to great bands and loves all things sport as much as I do. We agree on politics and disagree on movies and he ALWAYS beats me at dominoes.

8. My ipod. I love music, I live for music. I love My Morning Jacket and Spoon and The Decemberists. I cannot imagine my life without Wilco or Neko Case. There are more, so many more...and without my ipod I could not carry them all around with me.

7. Summer. I know, everyone else hates the heat, hates the opressive humidity. I love it. I love not being cold. I love the greeness of it and the yellow light as haze filters the sun.

6. Swimming. Laying in a pool just floating.

5. Halloween. I love playing dress-up. I love candy and pumpkins and the cruch of fallen leaves beneath your feet.

4. My family, because they are crazy and unpredictable and unorthodox.

3. Toenail polish. You can paint your toenails any color you want and it's like a little surprise every time you take your socks off. Today mine are glittery red.

2. Christmas. I love to give gifts. I love to surprise people by being friendly and helpfull during the hollidays while everyone else is cranky and running around like mad. I like the music and the lights and don't care if my voice isn't really good enough because I'm going to be singing "Silver Bells" in public anyway.

1. Reading.

3 comments:

McDreamy said...

i don't know what the cardiological problems are like, i'm sorry, woman. do the kitties play with the ponytail holders?! i hear ipods are great, but i don't have one yet. (notice the yet.) sorry, hate the heat - 110 here yesterday and we live in an old house with 3 window units, ugh! i wish my family were that kind of crazy ;) my toenails are currently sparkly blue. you know me, i still love reading - currently reading some of the old judy blumes! and christmas! so looking forward to christmas in our own place this year - the last two were spent living with my parents - just not the same.

i'm lovin' your blog, girl.

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Hi I am K.T. Mine toe nails are that color changy kind,purple some days,green some and gray on others.I love Summer too-even though we also live in an old house with 4 window units,I think I would love an Ipod,nonetheless I do not have on....Heart problems run in my family but I myself do not have them.

Lou Arnold said...

I hope you get over your cardiological problems. I love my iPod. It is my best friend. I don't care for finger nail or toe nail polish. My usually wears off by the next day. It is just too much work.